Monday, March 29, 2010

Mount Dickerman 3/27/10

Big Four Mountain

Polly Penguins first Ascent!

I don't know why I hadn't climbed this mountain before but I am sure glad that I did now. This was a conditioning "hike" for the OSAT glacier climbing course. We had a mostly clear day with wonderful views. I am already an experienced climber and I am taking the course as an opportunity to meet new people and make friends. Mission acomplished! A great day with a very fun group. If I don't do another thing with the course it was worth it for this hike. Although I would not recommend it for everyone. It is about 4 miles one way and gains over 4000 feet of elevation to make the summit. Also if you are not experienced with snow travel and ice ax use I would wait until later in the season to attempt it.

No comments:

Post a Comment