Saturday, December 17, 2011

2011 Update



It seems I have lost interest in writing posts for this blog. Some of the reasons include being really busy and feeling like it needs to be perfectly written. I am going to attempt to start posting more updates with more emphases on sharing what I am up to and less on how well it is presented.
I had a great time climbing this year with repeat ascents of Mt. Baker and Mt. Rainier. It was fun to be a part of the leadership and instructors for helping new climbers reach their goals. I also got to do some really fun private trips with my friends. One of the most memorable trips was an ascent of a Silver Star mountain with my best climbing buddies K-Unit, Montana and the MVP. It is really a joy to climb with friends who compliment each others approach and style to ther challenges of the mountains. I also saw ascents of Maude and Seven Fingered Jack on two separate and very fun trips. I had my first attempt at climbing Mount Jefferson this year and while we fell short of the summit I learned some valuable lessons and had a great time being with friends.
I had some great family camping trips this year as well. We has a fantastic time at Pacific Beach at the Washington coast. It was so warm that I let Amelia get in the water and she just loved it! We also had fun at the annual OSAT car camp. I got to do some rock climbing during the weekend and that was really fun.
The last big thing adventure wise this year was completing my first half marathon run. It was a great confidence builder for me to be able to train for and complete a half marathon. I am hoping to do a full marathon next year.


No comments:

Post a Comment