Friday, December 23, 2011

SITFAGR!

I mentioned in my last post that I ran my first half marathon in November. This is part of  a new direction for me from training strictly to meet mountaineering goals to doing endurance sports. I would love to just climb, hike and snowboard all of the time but it is just not an option for someone who has to work and be part of a family. So in order to be able to participate in sports on a consistent and regular basis I have chosen sports that I can fit into my schedule and offer a challenge. After swearing off running when I got out of the Army I started running to get in shape for mountain climbing. Now I am running for running sake more and am finding it very enjoyable. It does help me to have a goal in mind such as I had for the half marathon. I have set some goals for the upcoming year. Some athletic and some mountain sports goals. It is a rather ambitious list but It helps me to have goals. Just remember to stay in the fight and get results!

2012  Goals
*Athletic
Run the Vancouver Marathon
Ride the Seattle to Portland bike ride
Hike the Pacific Crest trail from Snoqualmie Pass to Stevens Pass
Compete in a Sprint Triathalon
Swim in the Green Lake open water race
Swim in a Lake Washington open water event
*Snowboard
Board at Snoqualmie  Pass East
Board at Stevens Pass
Board at Crystal Mountain
Board  St. Hellens
Board Mt. Adams
*Mountaineering
Climb Little Tahoma
Climb Mt. Jefferson
Climb Mount Olympus
Winter Climb of Mt. Hood
Climb Mt Baker
Climb Mount Rainier
Lead 5.9 sport
Lead 5.8 trad
Climb the Tooth South FAce
Climb the South Face of North Ingalls Peak

No comments:

Post a Comment